Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hanukkah Sameach!

"Dad?

"Yes, son?"

"Do you know what a menorah is?"

"Of course. Why?"

"My teacher was talking about it at school today."

"What did she say?"

"She told us how it has candles for every day of Hanukkah."

"What? That's crazy."

"Really, that's what she said."

"Nonsense. That's not a menorah."

"What's a menorah then?"

"It's a sculpture. Made out of ham."

"Shut up."

"Menorah is Hebrew for Hanukkah ham."

"Shut up."

"You know how observant Jews keep kosher, right? The Hanukkah ham is a reminder of that ancient tradition."

"Shut up."

"Ask your teacher about it tomorrow."

"Shut up."

"Or I could come to school and talk to her. Maybe give a presentation to the class."

"Don't. Please."

"This is all because the Supreme Court kicked God out of our schools."

"Shut up."

"It's getting late. You better get to bed."

"Good night, dad."

"Good night, buddy."

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as you tell the classroom about the Hanukkah Ham.

fish said...

I see that I might need to recount the Hanukkah Ham story from the book of fish. I will see if I can dig up my copy...

Kathleen said...

is your son's best friend a stuffed tiger?

Anonymous said...

Jew hater.

Snaglette: Your "dad" (Ask your mom to get a DNA test for you) is a liar. He is trying to get out of eight crazzzy nights. Eight nights of gifts and as each day goes on: the gifts get bigger, better and more expensive!

Snag is now banned.

Hater.

BP, not banned!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Maybe Snag will ban me if I convert to vegetarianism...

Anonymous said...

Snag!

AG posted something for you at RoD. Is it too much to come by?!!

P.S. Bake cookies !!!

Snag said...

Converting to vegetarianism won't get you banned but it will earn you my sympathy.