Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yet Again

"You're a good kid, son."

"Thanks. Whatever."

"I'm serious. You're a good kid."

"Can I have another soda?"

"No."

"You said I'm a good kid."

"I want you to be a good kid with teeth."

"Whatever."

"I love you."

"Okay."

"Really. I do."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Are you happy?"

"Sure."

"Seriously. Are you happy?"

"I guess."

"You have nice friends. You work hard. You get good grades. You deserve to be happy."

"Okay. You're kind of freaking me out."

"Sorry. I just know it's hard being the middle kid. You're doing a great job. I'm proud of you."

"Is this because it's my birthday tomorrow?"

"No. Yes. I don't know. Maybe."

"It's because my older brother got his driver's permit today. You're feeling old, aren't you?"

"No. Yes. I don't know. Maybe."

"Want to watch a movie, dad?"

"Yeah. That'd be good."

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

It's because of the new puppy's sweet adorable satanic influence!!!!!

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Do you wanna make out and feel better?

Oh, and when is your kid driving over to AG's for our date?

Anonymous said...

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

fish said...

When your coming home son, I don't when, but we'll get together then, you know we'll have a good time then.