Monday, November 16, 2009

Melting Pot

Blue Girl's post about her conversation with a friend reminded me of a discussion I once had with a female co-worker.

"What do you and your friend R. do when you take the kids to the cabin?" she asked me.

"We fish and yell at the kids and build a bonfire and drink beer."

"That's it?"

"What else would we do?"

"When I go out of town with my friends we like to talk about things."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Our hopes and dreams. What worries us and what makes us laugh."

"Huh," I said.

"Don't you do anything like that?" she asked.

"One time we tried to melt a beer can in the fire," I said.

9 comments:

Substance McGravitas said...

Her: "Whatcha thinkin' about?"

Me: "Nothing."

It was always true.

M. Bouffant said...

I'll assume the co-worker had no spawn, because that covers the ... hopes and dreams. What worries us and what makes us laugh ... parts, I've been told.

Mendacious D said...

This must be the case. I can't imagine parents going on vacation with their kids and not drinking.

fish said...

I'll assume the co-worker had no spawn, because that covers the ... hopes and dreams.

Yeah, by killing them.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Nice, feeesh.

And somebody had accused me of being Mister Optimist.
~

Brando said...

I thought your hopes and dreams ended when your children hatched out of the egg sack and devoured you?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Beer can on campfire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcx5k2Wk6Xk

blue girl said...

LOL @ "One time we tried to melt a beer can in the fire," I said.

Snag, you should have been with us at 3:30am Monday night/Tues morning...

At that point, we probably would have done that in a second if you would have suggested it! Right after we had discussed God from every angle possible. lol

Thanks for the link!

herr doktor bimler said...

Turns out to be less mess if you empty the can first.