Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Happy Anniversary, O Lovely Bride

Come live with me and be my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove,
That Valleys, groves, hills, and fields,
Woods, or steepy mountain yields.

And we will sit upon the Rocks,
Seeing the Shepherds feed their flocks,
By shallow Rivers to whose falls
Melodious birds sing Madrigals.

And I will make thee beds of Roses
And a thousand fragrant posies,
A cap of flowers, and a kirtle
Embroidered all with leaves of Myrtle;

A gown made of the finest wool
Which from our pretty Lambs we pull;
Fair lined slippers for the cold,
With buckles of the purest gold;

A belt of straw and Ivy buds,
With Coral clasps and Amber studs:
And if these pleasures may thee move,
Come live with me, and be my love.

The Shepherds’ Swains shall dance and sing
For thy delight each May-morning:
If these delights thy mind may move,
Then live with me, and be my love.
 
- Christopher Marlowe

5 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Pretty nice Snag. Nice to see someone's still blogging...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congrats, Snag!
~

Smut Clyde said...

I vote for the Lovely Bride to have anniversaries more often so as to make Snag blog more.

Unknown said...

Beautiful lines. Congrats.
Register on Match finder's Mudaliar matrimony to find your dream matching partner.

Allyseek said...

Wow! amazing post..
For the best Nepali bride and groom profiles, register on allyseek's Nepali matrimony.